No replies to this topic

#1 Ginger Henderson

Ginger Henderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

We need to implement a new system in order to make this a collective effort and will require input from the sailing community for it to work. Would start this on March 8th.

Here what I propose.

Making Levels for Protected Land Encroaching objects

Level 1 = Object is Non Phantom and obstructs normal passage.
Level 2 = Object is Phantom but not easy to visually navigate.
Level 3 = Object is Non Phantom can be navigated (Edge of Protected Land)
Level 4 = Object is Phantom can be navigated easily

Level 2, 3 and 4 need to have 5 votes from you to be kept on the list.(I cannot vote)

As well the way we will report any new case needs to change. If you or someone comes upon an object that to you is encroaching Protected Land, you should send a notecard to let them know. Also include the Object location with the SLurl location in the message. Some have many parcels.
Most I have done that to have complied and the objects never got on the list. So this approach will work in most case.
If after a week nothing happened then report it to the forum by posting it in the most recent Protected Land Encroachment topic. Then we will see what Level it constitutes and vote on it if necessary.

I myself will go to all those currently on the list and send those notecards. If after a week they are still there the Level 1 will be re added and other Levels to be voted on. I will group them by Level.

Here is a sample notecard I propose.

Dear land owner,

This notecard is sent to you on behalf of the Second Life nautical community by one of our volunteers because object(s) on your property apparently is/are encroaching upon Linden Labs Protected Land that are to be accessible for all to use.

Here is a link to Second Life definition of Protected land.
http://community.sec...and/ta-p/903023

Nautical activities in Second Life are getting increasingly difficult due to Protected Land being encroached upon by off sim rezed objects or prim extension beyond owners land boundaries.
In case you were unaware of this encroachment, we have sent you this notice and would like you to cooperate and resolve this issue so that it can be ignored in the near future by our volunteers.

What are Hotlaps?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Protected Land Encroachment, New Approach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users