• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

Latest Coverage of the continuing Bickering and Plotting behind closed doors.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

ZZ Bottom:

Don, i did left once ago, sad by the posts i was reading, over and over again.

Now i do take all as they deserve.

Most, like Burt's posts about the changed on the b wind system , eager to read and learn.

Others. like this one, with real hopes that would lead to something, from discussion sometimes the light shows!

And i didn't deny in the past, i do have a side to choose and i did already choose it along ago.

But if i don't break any rules of conduct, taking a side i hope not being one of them, i will not make the mistake of feeling disgusted for some i read an leave.

Ill endure and reply, like now.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

kimi_o:

Foneco zuzu...

Your "trusted landlord" can do as he wishes with his land. No one here wants to take that away from him, no matter how annoying some of what he does on his land can be to others.

The issue people here have, and have had for years, by the looks of it, is what he has done and continues to do with what are public areas.

People are not happy about the one sided arrangement where your landlord is the sole point of contact with LL regarding issues that affect all of sailing in SL. That arrangement is not acceptable, and in order for any sense of community to exist, it has to change. There is no other way to peace.

Alternatives have been suggested, including ones that leave your landlord in control of BS. If the you and the side you have chosen refuse to see that, that's your issue, not ours.

You are certainly free to accept the status quo, but the flip side is that others are just as free to decide not to. That's how things work in civilized society.

SL is supposed to be a world created by users, not user. As in a plurality and not a dictatorship. Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case with sailing.

It has to change.

Rev (wow really?):

When I read the posts of the likes of Don Berithos, kimi_o, Bea et al, it's no wonder Linden Labs (or anybody else for that matter) would give them the time of day. The language, insults and just plain nastiness is the sound of the rabble. The perception is of a group of totally immature people who could not possibly be trusted, let alone expected to act responsibly and in a constructive way.

kimi_o:

Quote from: irreverentemoto on Today at 04:16:18 PM

"When I read the posts of the likes of Don Berithos, kimi_o, Bea et al, it's no wonder Linden Labs (or anybody else for that matter) would give them the time of day. The language, insults and just plain nastiness is the sound of the rabble. The perception is of a group of totally immature people who could not possibly be trusted, let alone expected to act responsibly and in a constructive way. "

Have you ever noticed how no one from here goes to maiti's forum and starts crapslinging, yet they constantly come here to do just that?

No one from here goes and hijacks threads, or tries to get them to come here so they can delete and sanitize the board of posts they don't like.

Yet, here we have a person that presumably joined today, judging by the post count, and insults people because they...ummm...insulted people...or something.

Am I missing something here?

Don:

Quote from: irreverentemoto on Today at 04:16:18 PM

"When I read the posts of the likes of Don Berithos, kimi_o, Bea et al, it's no wonder Linden Labs (or anybody else for that matter) would give them the time of day. The language, insults and just plain nastiness is the sound of the rabble. The perception is of a group of totally immature people who could not possibly be trusted, let alone expected to act responsibly and in a constructive way."

Its a ALt of someones

Nomad:

Quote from: kimi_o on February 12, 2015, 04:51:53 PM

"Am I missing something here?"

Maybe this, or something like it...

Linden Lab is a business that turns over millions per year. They have been operating SL for about 12 years. While it has had its technical issues, and some of the decisions LL make might be suggestive of stereotypical corporate stupidity, it is unlikely that they manage to make millions per year for that long by being a bunch of fly-by-night amateurs.

Linden Lab are professionals, and it should come as no surprise that they very probably prefer to deal with customers who behave in a professional manner. They probably like customers who have money to spend as well.

The Blake Sea was created to appease a group of customers who were prepared to walk away, taking with them business worth (back then) something around 250,000 USD per year. My direct experience of the USS owners group is that it is professional and business-like - there are no tantrums, no flame wars, no fights. In fact, matters are discussed there just like they would be in office meetings in a professional working environment.

If the aim of those that oppose MTW's apparent position as sole liaison with LL regarding sailing matters is to get LL to recognise at least one other representative person or group, then the only practical purpose that this war serves is to show that there is a rift in the sailing community and, by extension, a need for that wider representation. Beyond that, it not only has no value other than as a way to vent spleens, it can potentially have a detrimental effect on the chances of establishing separate representation.

No matter how justified you may feel it is, behaving like a bunch of ranting flamers is extremely unprofessional, and professional, real-life business-people will not deal with you. If you also have very little money to spend, you will be considered worthless pains in the butt and get nowhere.

This is not the first time a situation like this has occurred. Virtually the same thing happened five years ago. The setup that was wanted then, and is wanted now, still doesn't exist.

Remember: Linden Lab is a multi-million-dollar business operated by professionals. They are in this to make money. They prefer to make money out of people that aren't pains in the butt. Ranting sailors with not much money are not a viable profit opportunity - especially if there are better opportunities out there for them. They don't have unlimited resource - they will use the resource they have to chase the lower-hassle and better-funded opportunities.

Rev:

Kimi_o : Firstly I did not join today. Sorry if you feel insulted. The truth often hurts.

Don - Not an alt. If you look up my SL profile you'll see I've been around since 2006.

kimi_o:

Actually, Mr. Nomad, I was expressing sarcasm over the irony of mtw's people coming here to flame when no one from here is even allowed to go there and do likewise.

I fully understand that LL is all about the money from landowners like mtw who were prepared to walk if they didn't get their way.

The part of that equation that people seem to forget is that if a business such as selling boats or renting land is to succeed it needs customers. The same goes for running a virtual world. Without people, meaning lots and lots of us little broke peons coming in with our own money, those landowners have no one to rent to and no one to sell boats to. Stuff doesn't just turn to money by itself. Someone has to buy it. See where I'm going here? If someone doesn't buy their stuff or rent their land, they lose money and walk away anyway.

What part of "mtw can do what he wants in BS because I won't go there and don't care what he does there. All I'm after is equal representation." does anyone fail to understand? Is that not a clear enough statement, and one that hasn't been made several times?

And if I, or anyone else not associated with mtw/vws/BSG or whoever gets irritated when some person who feels privileged comes here from someplace else and fans the flames, who are you to lay blame on us for that? Are you saying the other camp are a bunch of victims?

There's no subtlety in any of this. One man loves his control, and will fight tooth and nail to retain it. I fully agree that there MUST be more representation of the sailing commnity, and such representation is the only way this war will end. At the end of the day, there are still people, who spend money, on this side of the debate. And poor decisions by "professionals" that only benefit a small minority of people will ultimately kill this little social experiment.

But that's the way of rl too. People are very used to brown nosing money. They just forget where the money actually comes from.

Orca:

Quote from: irreverentemoto on February 12, 2015, 06:59:56 PM

"Kimi_o : Firstly I did not join today. Sorry if you feel insulted. The truth often hurts."

Yes, it does. What has that to do with your above post, which didn't contain a grain of truthiness but just the same old accusations and false impressions? It was hurtful to read, yes, but in a totally different way. Coz facepalminghurts after a while. I dunno how often I have to repeat this: a made up accusation is no truth. A made up lie is no truth! A diffuse emotion is no truth! Some avatar nobody has ever heard of before, that claims to speak the truth, is a lie in itself!!!

"Don - Not an alt. If you look up my SL profile you'll see I've been around since 2006."

Oh, my profile is up since January 2007, so I'm not an alt neither. Or am I? I guess my alts may see it a bit different. I don't care one way or the other, never did. I treat every account on face level. And as a single-standing account you did nothing constructive for this thread neither, you idiot. Irrelevantmotorthing, please try some arguments the next time instead of just picking the worst, most unlogical non-arguments from the likes of MTW, Ana and Maiti. So what was the purpose of contributing to this thread? Got anything to say other than just spouting some verbal diarrhoea? Go back to your forum or crawl back under your stone deep underground the Blake and make sure you never surface again.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:34:35 PM by Orca Flotta »

Orca:

"Before i even knew that sailing existed, i learn that a trusted landlord is some we must cheer and applaud."

A landlord is someone I pay rent to. And I complain to when the drainage is blocked. That's it, Apart from that I don't want anything to do with any landlords. Period.

It might'vebeen different when Mark still had the old USS with lots of sailing waters n stuffz but not now. Not anymore. Since USS, SC and SLNE gave up and blackmailed  LL into giving them the Blake Sea, they lost all relevance for sailing.

One might think »Just rent from Mark or any other landlord at Blake and all is fine.« But that's wrong, completely wrong way of thinking. Because I refuse to pay rent to someone just because they were so "clever" to buy the land from LL before I could get my fingers on it. I only buy my land from LL and pay my tiers to them as well, not some middle man! I hope you all have noticed there is no possible way to purchase a parcel on Blake shores, right? Be that as it may, the whole area is out of the question for any upright sailor. If I, as a passing sailor, don't enjoy the same freedoms and rights as on any other Linden ocean I'm gonna stay away from that wormhole.

But that's not all: MTW actively tried - and succeeded - to convince LL that he is the one and only representative of the SL sailing community. Gridwide! That's what we are fighting against. Let's face it and let me say it as harsh as possible: MTW is a capitalist! All the other estate owners around Blake are as well. And all his brown-nosed lickspittles are nothing but opportunists, little people, small minds, assholes.

ZZ Bottom:

Quoting:

MTW is a capitalist! All the other estate owners around Blake are as well. And all his brown-nosed lickspittles are nothing but opportunists, little people, small minds, assholes.

Unquote:

IOrca, Did you ever had to deal with a landlord that suddenly vanished in  fine air and you got all your objects returned after you paid a full month tiar in advance?

There are only 2 kind of users i do trust and respect in sl.

Those that don't forget that behind each avatar there is a human soul and landlords that can be trusted.

And obviously you did not read Nomad's reply.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blake Sea group, Kimi_O, Don, Nomad, Orca, Bea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users