Since Bea had her typical knee-jerk response to my observations, and blames me for avoiding the real issue, i'll break it down for her.
For the sake of argument lets assume that Bea is not only speaking for herself, but also for the don's and kimi-o's here, none of whom have a stake in the Blake Sea and/or the USS, none have a yacht club there, and i think its safe to say by their comments that none of them besides Bea really want to be in the Blake Sea anyways.
Lets address Bea's "concerns" and her "true questions"
So my understanding is that the true question is about that "single interface on behalf of the SL sailing community".
Considering the SL sailing community is not unified (the least one can say),
- actually, it is, the thousands of people who sail are a big happy family, its just a small handful that keeps the "us" and "them" thing alive, since the new definition of a "free thinker" here seems to be "think just like us, otherwise you are one of them"
that there are a lot of criticisms and complains directed at MTW/Nber,
- most are the same complaints originating from the same 5 people over and over again, all the people who actually use the Blake Sea and USS are quite happy.
that their own club SYC had no sailing activity at all for years but dividing the community with the behavior of their commodore in 2014,
- look in the mirror much?
considering that MTW was in that advisor role for LL for grid wide issues related to sailing but that he never did anything related to that role,
- all evidence speaks to the contrary, and besides, i fail to see why you should be kept in the loop on other peoples dealings with LL,
considering MTW/Nber recent actions in SLSA,
- Their group, and they keep true to its original purpose, actually, kuddo's to them for not caving in to the bullies.
considering that USS/BS represents or hosts less than 5-10% of established Yacht Clubs,
- they represent 100% of the yacht clubs in the USS and around the Blake Sea, so whats your point?
considering that a large majority of active sailors and "event makers" have now joined the SLSC,
- the SLSA has 800+ active members, and a handful of spiteful people aside, the large majority of the 195 SLSC members is also a member of the SLSA, so that point is totally and utterly moot.
One may wonder to what extent MTW/Nber are the best spokespersons for the SL Sailing Community.
- One may wonder the same about you, or the don's or the kimi-o's
don, who claims to "speak for most" (where he conveniently doesn't mention most what exactly) had one little gem in his crusade essay that needs mentioning:
"If the USS Sailings sims leave SL believe me they would be replaced in a second by free sailing free thinking land owners not wanting to dominate all of sailing."
Yes don, i'm sure you have a dozen benefactors lined up who would swoop in after you bulldoze the USS and are willing to pay upwards of 3k USD each every month out of their own pocket to create a free sailing utopia in your image, also, where are they now? why don't they have those 300 sims elsewhere?
And how exactly is the current USS out to "dominate all of sailing" please, enlighten us, how do they manage to dictate what boat you can sail on any given sim? or what races you can run and where?
tinfoil hat much?
For the few of you who still have a problem grasping reality:
Yes, all those green dots represent people, 99% of which have no clue who any of you people are, and they are quite happy without any of you meddling in their affairs.