8 replies to this topic

#1 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

Since Bea had her typical knee-jerk response to my observations, and blames me for avoiding the real issue, i'll break it down for her.

For the sake of argument lets assume that Bea is not only speaking for herself, but also for the don's and kimi-o's here, none of whom have a stake in the Blake Sea and/or the USS, none have a yacht club there, and i think its safe to say by their comments that none of them besides Bea really want to be in the Blake Sea anyways.

Lets address Bea's "concerns" and her "true questions"

So my understanding is that the true question is about that "single interface on behalf of the SL sailing community".

Considering the SL sailing community is not unified (the least one can say),

- actually, it is, the thousands of people who sail are a big happy family, its just a small handful that keeps the "us" and "them" thing alive, since the new definition of a "free thinker" here seems to be "think just like us, otherwise you are one of them"

that there are a lot of criticisms and complains directed at MTW/Nber,

- most are the same complaints originating from the same 5 people over and over again, all the people who actually use the Blake Sea and USS are quite happy.

that their own club SYC had no sailing activity at all for years but dividing the community with the behavior of their commodore in 2014,

- look in the mirror much?

considering that MTW was in that advisor role for LL for grid wide issues related to sailing but that he never did anything related to that role,
- all evidence speaks to the contrary, and besides, i fail to see why you should be kept in the loop on other peoples dealings with LL,

considering MTW/Nber recent actions in SLSA,
- Their group, and they keep true to its original purpose, actually, kuddo's to them for not caving in to the bullies.

considering that USS/BS represents or hosts less than 5-10% of established Yacht Clubs,
- they represent 100% of the yacht clubs in the USS and around the Blake Sea, so whats your point?

considering that a large majority of active sailors and "event makers" have now joined the SLSC,
- the SLSA has 800+ active members, and a handful of spiteful people aside, the large majority of the 195 SLSC members is also a member of the SLSA, so that point is totally and utterly moot.

One may wonder to what extent MTW/Nber are the best spokespersons for the SL Sailing Community.
- One may wonder the same about you, or the don's or the kimi-o's

don, who claims to "speak for most" (where he conveniently doesn't mention most what exactly) had one little gem in his crusade essay that needs mentioning:

"If the USS Sailings sims leave SL believe me they would be replaced in a second by free sailing free thinking land owners not wanting to dominate all of sailing."

Yes don, i'm sure you have a dozen benefactors lined up who would swoop in after you bulldoze the USS and are willing to pay upwards of 3k USD each every month out of their own pocket to create a free sailing utopia in your image, also, where are they now? why don't they have those 300 sims elsewhere?

And how exactly is the current USS out to "dominate all of sailing" please, enlighten us, how do they manage to dictate what boat you can sail on any given sim? or what races you can run and where?

tinfoil hat much?

For the few of you who still have a problem grasping reality:

Blakeseaarea_zpsf334bf65.png

Yes, all those green dots represent people, 99% of which have no clue who any of you people are, and they are quite happy without any of you meddling in their affairs.

• MG Canonmill likes this
 If at first you don't succeed, single-handed ‘round the world ocean racing is not for you.

#2 David Wetherby

David Wetherby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

Well Put Analyse

Thanks

#3 Justin Blade

Justin Blade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMureaux Cove, Nautilus

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:41 AM

And I'm curious just what those actions MTW/Nber have recently taken in the SLSA?  For almost five months now since Mark has turned SLSA over they have done nothing more then post notices, same as many others.  Mark told us he would keep his hands off and he has.  One exception might be when early on Laycee contacted him directly and he answered her.  He then speculated he should have referred her to myself or Chaos and apologize to us for not doing so.

As I recall I have had three conversations with him, two of them being before the turn over, not counting exchange of Christmas greetings.  I do talk to Nber almost weekly, on the Tugby field, and all conversations are related to either Tugby or normal social interactions among a group of players. 

Imperium Neptuni Regis

#4 dutch

dutch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

Call me blonde, but I'm one of those green dots happily sailing along, across the Blake sea, occasionally bumping into an oddly shaped misplaced buoy.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea who gets to put those buoys there.

Reading all of this I'm left wondering a few things... who are these Bea, Don etc. and why do we care what they have to say?

I'm going back to being a little green dot, sailing and probably when I run into the next fluorescent buoy I'll wonder... who puts those there?

Wouldn't it be nice to instead of hearing about power plays, officionados and world domination to hear who actually administrates this stuff and be done with this?

#5 Justin Blade

Justin Blade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMureaux Cove, Nautilus

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

About the buoys Dutch, perhaps you need to post a mail buoy lookout? 

Imperium Neptuni Regis

#6 David Wetherby

David Wetherby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

Well, for my post above to Analyse,  I was de friended by a very nice person whom frequents the other forum and agrees with their point of view.  It was suggested I had to take sides.  I rarely post  but my Well done for a very straight forward post Analyse stands.  Now I will get to work on changing my dot color to bright orange so I can find myself better.

be well all

#7 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:39 AM

Well, for my post above to Analyse,  I was de friended by a very nice person whom frequents the other forum and agrees with their point of view.  It was suggested I had to take sides.  I rarely post  but my Well done for a very straight forward post Analyse stands.  Now I will get to work on changing my dot color to bright orange so I can find myself better.

be well all

Often we see terms like "free thinkers" and quotes like "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

when the reality seems to be "if you don't think like us, we strongly suggest you say it elsewhere"

Rest assured, we don't play the "us" and "them" game here, we are for all sailors, and you are fully entitled to have your own opinion.

If at first you don't succeed, single-handed ‘round the world ocean racing is not for you.

#8 dutch

dutch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

About the buoys Dutch, perhaps you need to post a mail buoy lookout? 

Heh yes please :)

No but the point I'm trying to make is, why don't we list all those people with special Blake Sea rights somewhere, so we don't need to have this discussion. When someone has an issue, they know who to go to and that'll be that.

#9 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

Heh yes please :)

No but the point I'm trying to make is, why don't we list all those people with special Blake Sea rights somewhere, so we don't need to have this discussion. When someone has an issue, they know who to go to and that'll be that.

The discussion is not about who has Blake Sea rez rights, i think thats pretty well known, it is about a group of people who neither have a stake, interest, estates or yachtclubs in the area scheming for a take over since for reasons unknown they feel entitled to it, read here, and here, and here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users