• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

I was planning to use this forum again and announce that we had a GTFO hub at Tradewinds, but it seems to go otherwise now.

For a couple of days we had a working GTFO hub, after I suggested Tasha we could have one to host people shipping freight across the grid. Then it suddenly stopped working. I asked for support a few days back and got no answer. Later Tasha IM'ed me and pointed me to the following group notice she had sent out on friday:

"We have been unceremoniously dropped as a HUD for  GTFO shipping. Upon my request for a correction, they responded that they do not participate with any place that has a "Political messaging" . My response was to thank them for telling us, that  if people have a problem standing for Equality and Human Rights that we would rather not be associated with them as well. Silence in the face of Bigotry is complicity."

While I wasn't happy with the large number of banners after the US presidential election last year, I do agree with this message. Pity, I was just about to get myself a little boat to play GTFO in. I am definitely not going to do that now.

• ZZBottom and LucyInTheSky Afarensis like this

#2 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

Sorry to say but the excuse is utter bullshit.

On a time where a known violator is in charge of the presidency of one of the most dangerous countries World has to endure, to  not voice citizen worries in any way possible is being accomplice with that despicable person and all that supported him.

To compare, is like they are saying we could not voice against Adolf Hitler.

Fuck it, those who voiced against Adolf Hitler, History now places them as Heroes while does who where silent felt the shame of not acting and will always be pointed as being part of the Evil.

Edited by ZZBottom, 11 December 2017 - 04:49 PM.

• LucyInTheSky Afarensis likes this

#3 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

I don't quite understand your reply: what excuse is utter bullshit?

I simply state that I will boycot GTFO, as long as they have a problem with in-world venues that speak up against Trump and his 'policies'.

#4 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

Obviously, when even LL states political opinions, to use the argument that politics are not subject to discussion.

Edited by ZZBottom, 15 December 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#5 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 318 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

GTFO is simply not political, and doesnt want to be associated with ANY form of political extremism or fascism, be it nazi's or antifa, and it doesnt condone ANY form of violence, racism, segregation or oppression.

If people wish to discuss this further they can open a topic in the Bilge subforum, since like GTFO, this forum keeps the politics out of sailing.

• Justin Blade and MG Canonmill like this
 If at first you don't succeed, single-handed ‘round the world ocean racing is not for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GTFO, TYC, Tradewinds Yacht Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users