• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Angeoco

Angeoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

I bought a Bandit Sweetpea sailing boat a few days ago, and I really like it! I'm just a casual boater and this one suits me fine. However, I'm having a little issue with texturing which I don't see mentioned in the manual.

Whenever I apply customised textures (even the supplied "scuff" texture), the textures of the sail-cover and the booms (if that's the right term) only stay until I lower the main sail, when they revert to the default dark-brown textures.

Does anybody know of a way to fix this? I have scripting experience.

Thanks a lot.

#2 Trifina

Trifina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on the Blake

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

The boat has a timed script to change all it's textures, so applying textures the normal way with Edit and a UUID won't "stick".

Are you using a 'texture' command? *

I have the "prize" version of the boat, and there's no such command.

Without a scripted command, you have no access to change the UUIDs the boat's script uses.

* that would be 'texture [part] [UUID]' where the "part" name is from a supplied list and the command is on the boat.

#3 atomic infinity

atomic infinity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

If they are hard-coded into the boat, then changing them manually won't stick as the script will override every time.

I don't have the boat but if it's modifiable you could add scripts to the prims that revert to the old texture, that detect the change and swap them back to yours.

A change event can detect a changing texture, and then llSetTexture to put your own on it. I guess it might flicker as it swaps to the default then back to yours though.

You said you have done some scripting so hopefully this makes sense 

edit : sorry I just read the script wiki, and this method doesn't work for detecting scripted texture changes - and LL have no plan to change it :(

Edited by atomic infinity, 27 September 2017 - 10:00 AM.

aka Claire

FS hotlaps junkie

Satellite Wharf - GTFO! Hub

North eastern Heterocera Atoll

Now accepting deliveries in medium boats, medium seaplanes, amphibious vehicles, large helicopters and all road vehicles :)

#4 Angeoco

Angeoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for those replies! Modifiable textures are supplied for all parts except the sails, and they can be applied by dragging them onto the boat. They all stick permanently except the parts I mentioned. There's nothing in the manual about using "texture" commands.

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bandit, texturing, sweetpea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users