So, for things like, sailing and naval combat, people have been maybe.... tweaking the wind in their favor.
With the map initiative, I'm looking at possible mapping out some wind currents that players running the Smuggler/Pirate mode will be forced to use in order to sail.
So, in the blake and other areas, I'm open to suggestions.
We could also alternate or cycle wind patterns over time.
== EDIT 1 ==
How it'd work
- User enables Trading Mode or something that uses "Global Tradewinds"
- The ship's GTFO or even tradewinds specific scripting figures out where it is and gets relevant wind pattern data.
This data might even be updateable at some point, or visible on maps or huds.
- When user enters a tradewind current "either by sims or gigantic bounding boxes" it would override their wind settings.
We want to do this so that:
- It gives hardcore traders more of a challenge.
- It keeps pirates / customs (really, kinda the same thing ) from cheating using wind.
I'm thinking thee would probably be a set of winds that changed daily, and they set would be available on maps and huds for reference.
Edited by Rez Gray, 14 July 2017 - 04:16 PM.