Because of the associated complexities, the Trade and Piracy bits will be spun off into their own system.
GTFO! Trade and Treasure
The Broadsides, Cannonball Points, the Tee-Dee; Ell-ARRRRRRR...... (the gist of it deal)
- Instead of paid jobs, you'll be buying your own goods at ports and trading them for higher profits.
- You'll have to sail the 'tradewinds', daily changing currents that will provide a challenge to novices.
- You'll be paying for upkeep such as hard tack, grog, cannonballs, monkey treats, and boat repairs.
- You'll have to fend off vicious pirates armed with cannons who want to plunder your booty.
- The amount of booty plundered can be negotiated with intership trade, or cannons!
- Marie Celeste
- HMS Bandit (?)
- Upcoming Bandit Piratey Boat
- Other manufacturers TBA.
- Different ports around the Nauti-Blake (and more later) area have different goods to sell.
- In some cases you might be able to salvage or obtain goods without paying. (ie: piracy, salvage, farming)
- Most ports a distance away will buy your goods for a (distance + negotiation skill) profit.
- Some ports actually want that stuff and will pay a better price for it when they need more of that good.
- Combat will only be available on certain open stretches and not withing x sims of a GTFO port to prevent camping.
- GTFOTT ships will be be able to detect each other in the same region, or maybe even close proximity sims.
- Ships with cannons can target another ship, and if they are inside the cannon's firing arc (ie: broadside angle) they can be fired upon.
- If you fire on another ship, there is a chance the cannon will inflict damage.
- Too much damage will cause cargo to spill from the hold, or immobilize or destroy the ship.
- An immobilized ship can be repaired if you have the materials and don't sink first.
- Immobilized and Sunk ships can be looted. (A sunk vessel will be marked and can be looted for up to two hours)
- Pirates will be marked in the system and may attain a bounty that will increase as they offender commits piracy until kilt.
- If you have the time to park at a shipwreck or explore the shallows of the SL seas (it's all ~20-25m except two water bodies in Sansara) you'll can find all kinds of goods from lost shipping or random tectonic events along the seafloor.
- Any salvage capable vessel (which will be visible inthe Vehicle sheet) can pull large or small salvage items and sell them at port.
- If you made your own shipwreck you might be able to collect some booty.
- Will this be separate from GTFO?
Yes. The codebase will be stupidly huge and wasted on 99% of our vehicles if I was integrated
- Will this work with existing GTFO ports?
- Will I be able to use (insert existing combat system here) and nuke shipping traffic from my U-Boat?
*muffled cursing and foaming* No.
- Will my G$ balance carry over and back?
- Will my XP carry over?
- Can I enable modern sailing boats for this?
Maybe, can you mount a cannon on it?
- Can I enable modern non-sailing boats and give them AKs and RPGs instead of cannons?
Not in THIS iteration but if enough people bribe me I can make that an option.
Edited by Rez Gray, 14 July 2017 - 08:14 PM.