Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Feel free to post ideas for GTFO here.

Let's start with things we won't do:

• We cannot whitelist certain brands because of no-mod status and lack of cooperation or IP reasons.
    So stop asking, or ask them to play nice.
  • We will not be making G$ a viable currency except for other connected games. It will only be usable
    to buy 'resources' for other games, not actual things except maybe gatcha items. The lindens would have my
    balls for making it a 'currency'. That's why we say 'fake game money' in all the marketing.
  • We will not NOT support any legacy combat systems like VICE, WCS, TCS, LCS, or the six dozen systems named "VCS" in any looting aspects. Most sailable areas can't rez, and all that stuff has been hacked to death.
  • At this time we're still not authorizing non-owners to run jobs in other people's vehicles because SL will eat their ride, and then what?

Then, some things we're planning for:

• "Companies" will require L$ to create and maintain. It is pending some work being done for similar management in GridTalkie
  • "Looting" other players and destroying their vessels in select circumstances. 
    We are still negotiating these mechanics.
  • "Smuggling" will eventually be a risk/reward job type
  • We will be refactoring how 'late' works. At the moment it shouldn't even show up unless you're so late the system deleted the job.
  • Yes. The math may seem a little off. We're working on it. Prepare your salt catching buckets.
  • All vehicle capacities will be 'rebalanced' to handle some 'stat creep' issues.
  • We are planning new tracking for personal and locaiton based score boards.

Edited by Rez Gray, 29 June 2017 - 09:56 PM.

• Luna Azulejo likes this

#2 ReiKuhr

ReiKuhr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

Adjust times for various jobs for more risk/reward, aka rush jobs.

Wiki page would be very useful (and allow others to help keep info up to date).

To add to the company idea, perhaps a crew system so at least whomever is running the job can help share the profits for those crewing their ships.

#3 Lance.Corrimal

Lance.Corrimal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

looting? LOOTING?

... can't login right now to check, is the N+K 5th rate mod? Can GTFO be added to a ship by the end user if the ship is mod?

#4 Rez Gray

Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

looting? LOOTING?

... can't login right now to check, is the N+K 5th rate mod? Can GTFO be added to a ship by the end user if the ship is mod?

Not yet. We're working with them. Stay Tuned.

#5 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

Wow looting should be really fun:)

#6 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Sl coastguard, to try and catch smugglers, to have to stop and check the cargo of any boat:) Will be able to bribe them (some boats do have sex menus)? (LOL)

#7 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

But to be honest, right now i think the most important is to have a map with all the hubs locations and to get the more working docks the better It will take time but GTFO has a promising future.

#8 ReiKuhr

ReiKuhr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

At first I was considering something like Kelly's Transponder/GPS, but I know that Leeward Cruising Club have a map hud that's a simple area texture with a marker for your current location. I wonder if it's possible to just get a texture of a given area with all the hubs and put it on that. I don't know how Chaos makes the HUD though.

#9 Rez Gray

Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

my oncall woke me up so this will be messy...

*find submitter name on other thread...
VEHICLE TYPE FILTER IN FIND HUBS.

And one of my own...
NEAREST REZ ZONE FINDER

simpler class type
TINY PLANE
SMOL to Medium
BIGARSE PLAN

REASONABLE SIZE BOAT
YUGE FOOKIN NON SAIL BOAT
YUGE FOOKIN YES SAIL BOAT

Remove herobrine, how that little fooker manifest itself on a text game?!?

Add No RezZone warning to location with no rez zone

#10 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

• looting (switchable, so you can play at your leisure, or in high risk mode for higher rewards, must be visible for your chasers)
  • raycast combat (compatible with N+K) with the goal to cripple more then sink, should work as a plugin (sink-ape)
  • smuggling, send the coasties an "anonymous tip" on their gridtalkie channel when someone picks up contraband for a midnight run (will need looting & raycast)
  • partial cargo (when we get looting the amount you can loot will be defined by the cargo capacity of the vehicle you yourself are driving)
  • insurance (if you play in high risk mode with looting enabled, it would be cool to be able to take out insurance with a job for a small fee when you load up, so when people do sink your boat and steal your cargo you will get some G$ back
  • fun challenges, like visit every GTFO port once with the same boat, or drive from Bruissac to Dutch Harbor without touching the helm (entirely possible)
  • finite amount of goods, and a database to keep track of where it is. (so if you transport a metric ton of towels to a port, it will show in the list of available cargo there for the next skipper)
  • fishing/mining/farming, add your own products to the pool, either by dedicated vehicles with skill based games (fishing) or rezzing and tending little patches that yield crop or other products,
  • trading, make every player an entrepreneur, instead of just paying for transport, make them the owner of the cargo, buy cheap, sell high.
  • producing, rez a little factory and combine raw materials you grow or buy from other players into more valuable goods for you to trade (sugar + water + corn = wodka)
  • perks for your G$, (powerups like more horsepower and topspeed, more cargo capacity, and of course other stuff like t-shirts, coffee mugs, maybe a boat, plane, etc)

• Rose Brightflame likes this
 If at first you don't succeed, single-handed ‘round the world ocean racing is not for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users