15 replies to this topic

#1 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

So what do you do when a carrier pigeon flies in from Half Hitch that they are fresh out of clean nappies?  Ana to the rescue!

gallery_11_144_401796.jpg

Lined up for loading!

gallery_11_144_531756.jpg

My waiting face :mellow:

gallery_11_144_880669.jpg

Work Minions, work!

gallery_11_144_500707.jpg

Barrels being loaded.

gallery_11_144_37767.jpg

Sure are a lot of crickets out at night,

gallery_11_144_893792.jpg

dum-dee-dum

gallery_11_144_102994.jpg

lalalalala

gallery_11_144_198767.jpg

Almost there!

gallery_11_144_864312.jpg

Someone bring me a coffee!

gallery_11_144_670485.jpg

Looks like we are all loaded up!

gallery_11_144_262469.jpg

Backing out of Dutch Harbor in the dark is scary!

gallery_11_144_254278.jpg

On our way, i would have posted more pictures of the actual run, but they all look like this one -_-

gallery_11_144_146929.jpg

Exciting!

gallery_11_144_87110.jpg

Made it without hitting anything!

gallery_11_144_1082534.jpg

Aaaaaaand......unloading ;)

• ZZBottom likes this
 If at first you don't succeed, single-handed ‘round the world ocean racing is not for you.

#2 Kayo

Kayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

Very nice :)

I am planning to try this game. 

Are you planning to be able to see the load once loaded in the boat (at least for your boats?). Would be very nice to see the load appearing :) Can wait to see my IF loaded and running a delivery !

Kayo

Celtica Team (Kayo & Laured)

"Si me dan a elegir, entre todas las vidas yo escojo la del pirata cojo, con pata de palo,con parche en el ojo, con cara de malo. El viejo truhan, capitan de un barco que tuviera por bandera un par de tibias y una calavera"

#3 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

Are you planning to be able to see the load once loaded in the boat (at least for your boats?). Would be very nice to see the load appearing :) Can wait to see my IF loaded and running a delivery !

the GTFO api does this, on the Mary Celeste and Dixie Belle you can already see that working, but you can link barrels and crates to any boat, as long as you name them properly they will be shown/hidden by GTFO upon loading or unloading :)

If at first you don't succeed, single-handed ‘round the world ocean racing is not for you.

#4 Kayo

Kayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

Oh. This is why i was asking. On your picture i could see the barrels. When Serena showed me the feature i couldn't see them.

So if i understand correctly i need to modify the boat, links the barrels or create and the system will hide/show the crate

Kayo

"Si me dan a elegir, entre todas las vidas yo escojo la del pirata cojo, con pata de palo,con parche en el ojo, con cara de malo. El viejo truhan, capitan de un barco que tuviera por bandera un par de tibias y una calavera"

#5 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

Oh. This is why i was asking. On your picture i could see the barrels. When Serena showed me the feature i couldn't see them.

So if i understand correctly i need to modify the boat, links the barrels or create and the system will hide/show the crate

your IF yes, for Dixie Belle and Mary Celeste thats not needed, they have all the GTFO stuff working out of the box, including the loading/unloading of cargo,

#6 Kayo

Kayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

Perfect. Are you planning to do that for the IF? So i don't mess around ;)

Kayo

#7 MaczMurfin

MaczMurfin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationJuneau South

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:10 PM

Perfect. Are you planning to do that for the IF? So i don't mess around ;)

Sacrilege! Imagine suggesting you'd use the little Lady IF to haul ugly old freight  :angry:

#8 Kayo

Kayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

Well who would think that you are smuggling with a IF.... B) ? :ph34r:

And i am planning to load my moonshine  :D  ^_^

• Rose Brightflame likes this

Kayo

#9 Justin Blade

Justin Blade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMureaux Cove, Nautilus

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

Been smuggling with the IF since her release.  Also have a Madpea out there with gold bullion stashed on board.  

Occasionally I'm asked what is the most expensive item I've been hired to smuggle or the most difficult.  The answer to both questions is the same, liquid mesh.  

Liquid mesh is very expensive so a natural cargo for smugglers with a ready market of creators who want to avoid the Governor's tax on a material that is already expensive.  The problem is it being a liquid so where barrels will work a tanker of some sort would be best.  Liquid mesh is also heavy so only small quantities can be moved at a time.  In spite of these limitations it remains a profitable cargo for smugglers because if its expense.

A scientist in Gaeta V has invented a way to turn it into a powder and then reconstitute it back into a liquid but at this time that process is also very costly in materials needed and the size of the processing plants on both sides require a large investment in land.  Perhaps the technology will advance and the process become more economical to use.  Ideally the powder could be formed into something not resembling powder making detection by the SLCG more difficult. 

• Luna Azulejo likes this

Imperium Neptuni Regis

#10 MaczMurfin

MaczMurfin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationJuneau South

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

A bit bored Justin?  ;)

Mind you, I'm wondering if this liquid mesh is still in it's original 'crude' form or if it has been refined into something closer to a marketable product. I'm mean, there's bound to be less profit in the crude since it is going to have to be refined, worked on, developed, proofed, modified, market tested...........

#11 Justin Blade

Justin Blade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationMureaux Cove, Nautilus

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

Liquid mesh is liquid mesh, a manufactured product not a product that is the result of a refining process like petroleum products.  I don't know the process or the raw materials involved, I just get paid for getting it past the Coasties and of course those thieving pirates. ;)

Imperium Neptuni Regis

#12 Kayo

Kayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:41 AM

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Kayo

#13 Luna Azulejo

Luna Azulejo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:45 AM

Analyse just convinced me to buy the Mary Celeste.  No muss, no fuss.

Moths are flying outta my wallet. ;)

#14 Luna Azulejo

Luna Azulejo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:30 PM

I'm liking GTFO! But getting into Half Hitch in my Mary Celeste is much easier than getting out!   ;)

#15 Rez Gray

Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

The Celeste is what I'd call a "Pro Tier" vessel. You can put it in reverse at least.
  • Rose Brightflame likes this

#16 howsitend

howsitend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

I'm liking GTFO! But getting into Half Hitch in my Mary Celeste is much easier than getting out!   ;)

I saw that as i approached and opted to back it in.....a bit dicey at first but once you remember to steer backwards backwards you're in. Now my only problem is how stupidly addictive this is going to be....

Stoneready...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GTFO, Dixie Belle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)