#1 Rez Gray

Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:49 AM

Current Status (June 5th, 2017)

• All code is 'stable' and updated to Paid Huds (Freebies pending due to a ton of code changes)
  • Docks installed in Oleg, Grunion, Orwood
  • Barrel and Crate Types supported in animator (will default to barrel for others)

To-Do:

• Enter more boat offsets into the system so they will cozy up to the dock properly.
  • Make specific docks for smaller form-factor boats
  • Make more context-sensetive docking gear and loading elements
  • Issue standardized loading elements for placement in boats

#2 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

these are some of the contenders:

gallery_11_142_671506.jpg

this is the "big" universal dock, it caters to bigger ships and chucks out barrels and crates, in theory you could drive up to it with a speedboat of course, but catching your cargo as its being dropped down may result in a headache :)

gallery_11_142_1393308.jpg

This dock will cater to middle size ships and most yachts, it can chuck out a variety of goods, and will feature a manual loading/unloading game for the upcoming Skutsje and Luxe motor (using the boom crane on board these ships)

gallery_11_142_512731.jpg

This is a prototype aviation hub, small sized but surprisingly roomy on the inside, if some of the aviation people can give me some input as to what they would like to see for their loading/unloading procedure that would be highly appreciated. ^_^

gallery_11_142_109370.jpg

And of course an animated GTFO hub can be as small as a dufflebag on the beach or airstrip, simply drive up to it, accept the job, and it "transfers" itself to your fast boat,

If at first you don't succeed, single-handed ‘round the world ocean racing is not for you.

#3 cranstony

cranstony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:03 AM

So I have an HMS Bandit with a nearly 17 minute load time and 17 minute unload time and the trip 3 sims away alotts about 10 minutes which means my ship is already late before it even pulls into port.  Is this a fair set of numbers?

Cranston Yordstorm

#4 Rez Gray

Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:37 PM

The new hud we're testing now caps load times at 6 minutes. 

We're also adjusting 'late' times now to simply expire the well after you should have gotten there. 

#5 cranstony

cranstony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

expire the well?  what does that mean?

#6 cranstony

cranstony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

OH! ... does that mean if I get there within the transport time, that when the unloading happens I won't be penalized?

#7 cranstony

cranstony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

then sometimes I get this:

You got here a bit before we expected you.nPlease wait and retry delivery in 01min 14sec
Distance: 3 sims. VSPS:180sec.
Longest: 15min 31sec | Shortest: 03min 36sec
Current: 02min 22sec | Live: 13min 09sec

#8 cranstony

cranstony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

Niky Niki's gorgeous Falcon Frigate is no mod .... so it can't be used can it?  (saw it on the ship list)

#9 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

Two ships loading at the same time at Dutch Harbor West. (Dixieland)

gallery_11_142_1471357.jpg

If at first you don't succeed, single-handed ‘round the world ocean racing is not for you.

#10 Analyse

Analyse

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 317 posts
  • LocationDutch Harbor

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

Coming into the Bunny Hole at Cardona by tallship:

gallery_11_142_169453.jpg

gallery_11_142_751052.jpg

gallery_11_142_1149967.jpg

Thats some real excitement, and a new paintjob needs to be factored into the overhead :)

#11 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hope Rez will update the list for more boats to be included, Mainly same of the ones i did, lol.

#12 Rez Gray

Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

Hi ZZ,

Please contact me in-world or at rez@shinybrand.com to see about adding your boats.

Thanks!

#13 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

Tks so much for your prompt reply and adding them:)

#14 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

Btw, did you thought also on making land hubs and use land vehicles (bikes, motorcycles, cars and so on) on Corsica, Sansara, Athol or the Asia continent?

#15 Rez Gray

Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

Btw, did you thought also on making land hubs and use land vehicles (bikes, motorcycles, cars and so on) on Corsica, Sansara, Athol or the Asia continent?

I would need multiple stops on the same road. 

I would need ground vehicle makers to implement GTFO as we presently only have TWO ground-eligible vehicles made by Kaliska. 

#16 ZZBottom

ZZBottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

Well i have quite a few bikes that are free and mod so you could use them to test:)

#17 Eowyn

Eowyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

Ok i got told to post this here on this forum.

Are there any changes with the latest (June) paid version of the hud that would affect S&W small helo's, the ones designated as !TIGCOPTER ?

I ask because I often use the MD500 and Bell 429 with GTFO for some quick short trips - they can't carry much but the load time is very fast (45 seconds) and they can transition between airports quickly.

I always make a profit using these (i don't fly slow), but now with the latest release, they are costing me more to run in overheads than what I am getting paid for the cargo. Doing the same trips and the same speed now yields a loss instead of profit, so was wondering if changes have been made?

#18 ReiKuhr

ReiKuhr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:00 AM

Any chance of the GTFO page being converted to a wiki style format for easier perusal? Trying to sort the cargo sizes for the various vehicles is a headache as the number gets sorted first instead of the cargo size. Also barrels aren't listed as a size so I don't know how they stack up (no pun intended) against the other types of cargo.

Also, since I haven't figured this out yet, do levels actually gain anything other than more jobs? I heard of perks but I have no idea how to access them.

• Luna Azulejo likes this

#19 Rez Gray

Rez Gray

GTFO MASTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

Oops!

A Barrel is just a Crate that is round.
It was originally just "Crate / Barrel" until someone who shall remain nameless made dedicated boats with barrel loading equipment.

Barrels are treated like Crates mathwise but are a seperate designation for those fancy new docks.

I need to update the documentation for that.

Can you suggest a Wordpress theme and table plugin that would be more suitable?
I could also link to a Google Doc if that's easier. The list was mainly so you can see if your preferred vehicle was whitelisted.

#20 ReiKuhr

ReiKuhr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

As for table theme, I think perhaps showing freight in FU as well would be useful. For example:  10 Barrels (100 Freight Units). I'm not that great in web design, or at all, so I can't really answer the wordpress theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users