11 replies to this topic

#1 burt

burt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

Not sure this is a novelty but at the truimphal raceline you find a very cute little mini line called Hotlaps.

This is strictly for fun. go here:  http://maps.secondli...umphal/7/216/22

will post the info notecard below

f918e564095a0914a032443df05f04a4.png

Hi, Thank you for your interest.

******Beta version*****
By clicking the line you entered the Hotlaps system.
The line will now see your boat cross and record the time between your first and second crossing.
This time will be displayed on the prim directly above the green buoy ( it is only visible from one side with media turned on, touch it to zoom to it.)

The idea is this but can change:
We will record all Hotlaps for a week, after which the board will be cleared and we can declare a winner for each boat class.
If you have idea's, questions or thoughts please contact burt Artis

You can try as many times as you like.

Please keep the boat class in your boat name, example:  Trudeau 12M xxx, or Bandit IF xxx so we can see what boat you sailed.
The system logs the owner of the boat as skipper ( guess you need to buy a boat to join in )

This week we will be sailing  TrYC C1
The wind should be:
Touch the green raceline buoy and say cruise settings in local chat the green buoy should say:

Wind 0 deg, 18 kts, gusts 1 kts, shifts 5 deg, change rate 1.00
Wave height 0.50 m, length 25 m, speed 6 kts, variance in height 0.00, in length 1.25
Current 0 deg, 2.0 kts.

if it does not touch the green buoy again and say "use default" in local chat
The default weather settings will load and you can acept the wind with the blue menu style box

If your boat uses Bwind set your wind to north 18

You can cheat this game easily by setting the wind a few knots stronger, cutting the course short or renaming your speedboat to Nemo xxx.
If you like to win that way please do so and burn in hell for eternity :) , this is strictly for fun and honor.

• ZZBottom likes this

#2 burt

burt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

We got some sailors kicking asses, beating them selves, checking out the competition and most of all having fun.

The line is logging the C1 sessions till next saturday,  be there maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Triumphal/17/235/22  to join the challenge in your own boat and yoru own time.

5ea54a80c6399744623a1456c4a4db30.png

#3 burt

burt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

over 100 laps sailed! ( or speedboated :))

You can now select a boat class tab ( in the bottom) to see your ranking in that particular class.

Also you can scroll the lists using your mousewheel when your zoomed to the prim displaying the spreadsheet ( you zoom to it by clicking the prim with your left mouse button )

If all is well you will get notified when your top time in a boat class has been beaten.

8fdf2df35073f19dd9ed15fc7cd974cf.pngdb9ea8677814c235e9464d53f9b0860f.png

Edited by burt, 18 November 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#4 JFos

JFos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

Hotcha! I love it!

I think it's a great chance to compare performance results

with Petra Paname's North Sea trials and the past backlog of Hotlaps data.

Go Hotlaps! :)

2005-hotlaps-rfl.jpg?w=500&h=406

#5 Guest_Arya_*

Guest_Arya_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

May I suggest to put the race line more distant from the dock so we can make a decent and accelerated port start?

#6 burt

burt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

Awesome work jane! i knew i saw it somewhere, Orca pointed me to your hotlaps system this week.

Glad you like it! am i correct you have rez rights in a lot of fabulous places? maybe we can make a deal about the HOTLAPS ON TOUR idea ( read below)

The data being used would be a bonus, i will not delete the results, but to me this is stricktly for the fun of it.

hehe Arya, i even did it in the 12m! i thought it added to the challenge.

Tomorrow the line will move to another place, i think somewhere in....  i always forget what the area is called but somewhere around the plum gut sim.

Joy will rez it and i will ask if she makes it more spacious.

For a beta test this week the game was pretty succesful. we had about 150 laps sailed by a decent amount of sailors in numerous boat classes.

Will announce this weeks winner in each class tomorrow and clear the board for the next challenge so you can still make a mark!!

The idea is this:

507572a087b777489f0995465cd08707.png

Will leave a prim that gives the new location where the line was this week. The line will move again next week etc...

We will have one new course for you all to try to put your best time on the board for and a new scenery to do it in.

Hope to have somebody anounce the location in the major groups.

Idea's & toughts are most welcome!

#7 JFos

JFos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

Haha; I'm game!

Maybe we also think about modifying several of the current racelines so people can continue doing solo hot laps after 'The Tour' moves on. :-)

#8 Maiti Yenni

Maiti Yenni

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOckway Bay, U.S.S., SL

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

Now yur talk'in!!!!

Owner and Instructor, Ockway Bay Sailing School

Co-Founder - Virtual World Sailing Forum

#9 burt

burt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

@ Jane Pondering on that ....

If we would rez multiple hotlaps lines that stay,  the tour would become pointless i guess....  Will put that idea in the fridge for now.

If the people interested in sailing hotlaps are devided over 6 or more lines the action per line might be low.  Would it still be as much fun?

Might be even better if the players have more places to choose from. :) who can tell.

Would gladly help setting up this logging system for you and hiding it in the existing lines.

Let me know,

#10 burt

burt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

The hotlaps line is now to be found here since saturday:

http://maps.secondli...icon/150/246/21

Were doing the hotlaps course from 2013 made by Jane.

We got some times on the board already dispite of SL being bad and crashing sailors.

20 laps have been sailed in 7 boats. And as we speak a Bandit IF is on the way and a tako for boat numvber 8 and lap 21 and 22.

https://docs.google....t#gid=533400350

Be sure to check out the hottest challenge on tour now :)

@ Arya, We have loads of space around the line and its 80 meters long

Edited by burt, 22 November 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#11 Guest_Arya_*

Guest_Arya_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

Yep, I've seen, thx :)

#12 burt

burt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:18 AM